Want to be an EdFest a Presenter? Fill out this form and tell us about yourself.
You should join The EdFest Hawaii Squad if you have a visionary idea in education and would like to share and inspire other educators.
- Be meaningful and useful to participants. Educators are some of the most professionally developed people in the workforce, yet a constant theme in schools across the country are disengaged PD participants. Teachers want help in creating meaningful learning experiences for their students. The more your presentation actively engages them in doing, the more relevant it will be for your audience.
- Be highly engaging for attendees. Think of the last presentation, lesson, activity, you attended and you forgot that you had a smartphone in your pocket. What made you focus so hard on what was in front of you?
- Have clarity of what the attendee will leave the room with. Teachers often say the most worthwhile PD is immediately applicable to their classrooms. Does your presentation have a learning target that everyone will reach and be able to do on Monday morning?
- Be fun. Teachers often struggle with bureaucratic hurdles and want to feel rejuvenated by fresh ideas. Know your audience and interact with them; make them feel like you've worked hard to bring life to your presentation because they are worth it.
Already an EdFest Hawaii Speaker?
What does EdFest supply in terms of audio/visual (AV) equipment in each room:
- Projector and screen
- Laptop audio connection into sound system
- All cables required to connect laptop to projector
- Flip chart and markers (upon request)
- Handouts will be the responsibility of the presenter.
- Additional AV equipment must be arranged directly with EdFest organizers.